Thursday 25 September 2014

The evolution of a doodle...


I'm still happily working away in my Art Doodle Love book. This book has really encouraged me to draw, and then draw some more! I love that I can take it around with me easily, and consequently I have drawn in the book here, there and everywhere! Here's a just a few pics to show you how the pages evolve.


I mostly use a combination of Polychromos and Prismacolor pencils, along with a fine PITT pen and a white Signo Uniball.



And if there are bits on a page that I like, I scan them and then use them in other projects!





14 comments:

  1. Ooooo love, going to have to try this out. Tfs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful Kate,your journalling is always so colourful. I bought that book after seeing it on your blog.....it's so gorgeous though I still haven't made a mark in it in case I ruin it!

    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love this spread! So much fun, so much color and creativity! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your style and your idea of scanning certain parts to use elsewhere. Your 'happy place' looks like a fun place to visit. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea Kate. thank you for sharing. your page is wonderful, so happy and spontaneous! love the feeling that comes out of it, it makes me happy. hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous spread! Love the altered matchbox and mini book using your own design. I always enjoy seeing your work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love my Art Doodle Love book too! So much potential in such a small space. I love what you've done in yours. (Denise Huntington)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your art journal layout; both the colours and doodles!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Give me pink and green and aqua and I'm a happy girl. Which is why I am so happy looking at this post!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!