Sunday 13 July 2014

Quirky birds art journaling hoot!


A little while ago I started teaching a regular art journaling class at Art from the Heart (Harrogate, UK) and to be perfectly honest I have been overwhelmed by the response. Already it is starting to feel like a regulars class and we are building on skills learned in previous workshops. It is such a warm, friendly and creative group ... and they are pushing me in different directions too as they make suggestions for future classes or techniques they would like to learn. This time there was a request for quirky birds so as you can see we made owls! I always like to start simple as I think you can then take things further and more complicated as you go along. This owl was created by drawing round a gesso pot to make a circle. Simple! Try it!


Yesterday the temperature was unusually hot hot hot for the UK and the room got hotter and hotter as the afternoon wore on, but it didn't dampen our enthusiasm, although we did drink an awful lot of tea. Hardcore!




The amazing results.




14 comments:

  1. Really enjoyed it Kate. It was weirdly hot. Summer at last?
    We were quirky birds, making quirky birds!!
    See you September xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun, despite the heat - those are great-looking birds all 'round!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate, Please come to the USA (Florida ) and teach!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes please! I would drive down from Georgia.

      Delete
  4. Your page is stunning, I love that quirky owl!! The class looks like they all had fun. Wish I was closer...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you all had a hoot of a day !

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful owl page, I love it! Looks like you gals had tons of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like so much fun for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You all look like you had a wonderful time! Such great art, I love owls and that bright orange/red owl is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow great pages from all of you x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gushing!!! I absolutely love your work Kate! The class looks like such fun!! I bet it would be amazing to paint with you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How delightful! Wish we did not live so far apart! ")

    ReplyDelete
  12. i just love quirky birds and this one is supercute
    and when I take a close look to the photographs....everyone has created a supercute quirky birdy
    love them all

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!