Tuesday 25 March 2014

Journal play :-)


I recently taught an art journaling class at the very wonderful Art from the Heart (UK) with a specific emphasis on creating collage using your own background scans / photographs etc, and this is my page that I began in the class. I created the body using scans of my previous journal backgrounds as well as one or two photos of interesting texture I took in my local area ... peeling paint, rusting doors, and lots of other lovely things! (My backgrounds are available here as instant digital downloads).


I added a doll's head because it seems to me you either love 'em or hate 'em, and I love 'em!

Doll's head by Rian Designs (Please note: Rian is currently off-line)

At the weekend I was back at Art from the Heart again woop woop! The fabulous Dina Wakley was teaching an awesome class all about colour - just my thing! It was a chilled out, yet fun day. Here's my page ... not my usual style but then I don't go to a class to stay in my comfort zone ;-) Now I'm chomping at the bit for Dina's new paint range (for Ranger Ink)... I got to try it and I love it and I want it NOW!

Face stamp by Dina Wakley

So, what else have I been up to? I've been busy making stamps ... but it seems I just can't make them quick enough! If you want to be kept up-to-date, come and favourite my Etsy shop here, and like my Facebook page here, and that way you'll be the first to know :-)

And finally - OMG! I just got a mention on the Ranger blog, alongside my fabulous art buddy Kaz Hall *swoon*! You can check us out here.

Right, I'm off. Byee for now .....

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful! And I love your doll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I just received my Dina Wakley Faces, can't wait to play.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The doll faces creep me out, and STILL I love piece - must be the colour! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic page, I love the doll.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at you Kate! Your little journals right up top! How exciting for you!! I am so on your FB for those stamps!!! I keep missing them on Etsy- your stamps are fab and I need them!! Okay, want them really bad...No, I need them! ")

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your pagrs as well as Dina's and Kaz's....but dolls heads......hubby freaks out at them....so I use am thinking of using them! Lol!
    Kyla

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!